Pokemon Generations: The Lake of Rage (Episode 4)

That Dragonite though



I'm not happy guys =/ the ending to Episode 3 showed Red coming to challenge Blue after he successfully defeated the Elite Four, and I was looking forward to that battle! But nope, we get a totally different episode featuring Lance from the Elite Four, and Team Rocket make their second appearance so far. I'm not entirely upset about this cos I enjoyed this episode.

I gotta say that the action is slowly going up a notch in each episode that's released, and I'm liking how there is still emphasis on the story despite there being no proper link between each episode story-wise.

But Lance, my man! You have a strong Dragonite don't you? But that's not the only Pokemon to take the limelight in The Lake of Rage. Major hint there as to which Pokemon features in this episode, but I'll tell you anyway. A shiny Gyarados! That's right guys, the first shiny Pokemon makes their debut in Generations, and what better one to have than the Red Gyarados! If you've played Pokemon games you know that it features in them and you need a rod to encounter it in a specific lake (well from playing Pokemon Diamond I learned that, it may be different in other Pokemon games (let me know in the comments!)). But I digress.

Basically something is up with the Red Gyarados, and Lance of the Elite Four is investigating this with his Dragonite, leading him to Team Rocket's hideout. Four of them come up to him in the strangest walk ever, but someone in the comments section says this is a reflection of their stances in the game. It does make more sense when you think about it like that, but still. That's some demented walking Team Rocket. I honestly thought they'd been possessed. Anyway, their appearance means Lance must fight his way through, and it's not exactly a fight when you have an OP Dragonite with you. Am I right? But I think his Dragonite killed their Pokemon though O_o

So Lance eventually solves the mystery behind Gyarados' odd behaviour and saves the day with the help of someone else whose name I don't know. I thought it was Red but you don't get to see their face, and someone else in the comments section said it's Gold. Let me know in the comments who you think it is!

Also, I decided to finally read the description of The Lake of Rage, and turns out a new episode will air every week until 23rd December, featuring moments from the Kanto Region all the way through to the Kalos Region. I'm guessing the Kanto episodes will be coming to an end soon, and I can't wait to see what happens in the Johto Region! My second favourite Pokemon generation <3 Stay tuned for future episode reviews, and feel free to let me know what you guys think so far!

Comments